FOLLOW DAN SOUTHERN AFRICA:
Smart divers’ benefit from this opportunity. The cost of a dive accident can exceed R200,000 a cost that isn’t always covered by primary insurance. But don’t worry, as a DAN member, you have access to the industry’s leading dive accident cover.
DAN offers comprehensive plans that provide protection and peace-of-mind in the event of a dive accident for far less than the cost of an unplanned event.
DAN’s Dive Accident Cover Plans are recognised worldwide providing secondary coverage of up to R900,000 and paying 100% of eligible expenses.
Choose Your DAN Cover Plan
- It takes less that 10 minutes to sign up for Annual Dive Cover as a recreational diver, free-diver or spear fisherman. DAN dive cover includes payment for the cost of hospitalisation, medical and hyperbaric treatment, and certain other costs associated with diving-related accidents. Get up to R900,000 of emergency dive cover.
- Sign up for Temporary Dive Cover as a recreational diver, free-diver or spear fisherman. With the temporary dive cover package you know that your dive trip is covered, it gives you peace of mind when you are on the move and is taken for increments of five days at a time. Cover is limited to diving outside your country of residence and only covers dive related emergencies. Cover limit of R300,000.
- DAN´s Student Cover (open water or equivalent courses) is free of charge to entry-level students from the first pool session to the qualifying dive or for a duration of six weeks. Recreational dive, freediving and spear fisherman entry-level students are all eligible. Cover limit of R300,000.
- This complimentary dive cover, fully subsidised by DAN, covers entry-level students in the unlikely event of a dive injury during their entry-level training. As a diving-related injury or illness can be costly, it pays to be prepared. While entry-level students focus on learning to dive and getting comfortable underwater, DAN has them covered should an unexpected
- incident occur — above or below water.
Support Dive Safety
injuries and improve first response and medical treatment. One hundred percent of DAN’s profits are reinvested in research, medical services and programs that make diving safer for all divers. As a diver, you need DAN — and DAN needs you.
Reviews tangible and intangible limitations that divers face before every dive, including environmental, physical and physiological issues.
Helps students recognise the factors that affect buoyancy and learn how to establish optimal weighting.
Stresses the importance of having sufficient air by considering factors such as currents, workload and weighting when planning a dive.
Explores the physics affecting safe ascents in several types of dive environments and how to ascend properly in each one.
DAN delivers a deep level of information tailored to the way you learn best!
At DAN, we believe a smarter diver is a safer diver. And when you’re 18 meters underwater, you want to be certain that you have the knowledge needed to explore safely. That’s why, for over 30 years, we have made it our mission to deliver extensive educational and dive safety resources to help you stay safe — both in and out of the water.
- Developed from decades of DAN research and experience, this comprehensive collection of free resource materials provides vital insights into topics critical to diver health and safety.
- Each guide delivers relevant diver health and safety information in a concise, asy-to-read format.